Hiring Account Executive
Advertising account executive work within advertising agencies, acting as a link between our clients and the agency. They are responsible for the coordination of advertising campaigns and therefore communicating clearly to all those involved.
They must understand their clients’ needs and objectives and liaise closely with them throughout campaigns, often on a daily basis. They manage administrative and campaign work and ensure that advertising projects are completed on time and on budget.
Advertising account executives contribute to and develop advertising campaigns. Tasks typically involve:
- meeting with clients to discuss and identify their advertising requirements;
- working with agency colleagues to devise an advertising campaign that meets the client’s brief and budget;
- presenting alongside agency colleagues (particularly the account manager), the campaign ideas and budget to the client;
- working with the account manager to brief media, creative and research staff and assisting with the formulation of marketing strategies;
- liaising with, and acting as the link between, the client and the advertising agency by maintaining regular contact with both,
- ensuring that communication flows effectively;
- negotiating with clients and agency staff about the details of campaigns;
- presenting creative work to clients for approval or modification;
- handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients;
- writing client reports;
- monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns;
- undertaking administration tasks;
- arranging and attending meetings;
- making ‘pitches’, along with other agency staff, to try to win new business for the agency.
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- a proactive attitude, with the ability to use initiative;
- excellent organisational skills;
- the ability to work under pressure and assimilate large quantities of information quickly, while maintaining attention to detail; drive;
- effective teamworking skills;
- influencing and negotiation skills;
- oral and written communication skills;
- commercial awareness;
- a passion for advertising and an understanding of what makes a good advertisement;
- a willingness to learn;
- resilience, to enable you to deal with problems and constructive criticism;
- IT literacy and an awareness of how the industry is developing in light of new communication technologies.
Pre-entry work experience is extremely desirable and an excellent way to gain an understanding of how an agency works. It also enables you to make valuable contacts, which may be useful when you are looking for a permanent role as an account executive.
Very good salary package
A very casual and relaxed work environment
Flexible work hours